Monday, January 29, 2007

KUIH KAPIT....

Yesterday i went to my god mother house to do something special. I had been two years i didn't do this. Guess what am i talking about?? Is kuih kapit making for Chinese New year. As everyone of you know that kuih kapit/love letters is one of the famous biscuits druing Chinese New Year festival and it is also one of my favourite biscuit too. yummy yummy.
On sunday morning, my mom woke me up early in the morning. 6.30AM!!!! Is toooo early for me to wake up especially is SUNDAY!!! which is my best day to wake up late..
What to do i have no choice since both my mom and my god mother need my precious hand.. lol.. my job is kind of easy but need to work fast. I need to fold the shape of kuih kapit once it already okay. At 1st i can't really bare with the hot and fresh kuih kapit because i have to straight immediately fold it when its bake. If i am slow in folding it, then i get screw because i wasted the kuih kapit.. Working from 8 am till 2pm, at last its done. I am happy with it because its a nice eperience and i like doing this. What my god mother told me was if you did not do chinese cookies yourself during Chinese New Year festival, then you won't have the feel of CNY. Is like having fun and to get the feell before the real day.
Besides doing kuih kapit, my mom also make peanut cookies and almond cookies. Is nice to eat but hard to do because it needs time and sacrifice.. so, try doing cny cookies to get nice experience..

1 comment:

SilverHaze said...

Ha ha ha. Nice to help ur parents in making kuih. Can safe one tin for me...? Ha ha.